Path of Honour dedication ceremony
Saturday, 27 February 2010
Alumni, family, friends and ECU colleagues were among the honourees and guests at the Path of Honour dedication ceremony held on Saturday, 27 February, hosted by Vice-Chancellor Professor Kerry Cox.
In total nine tiles were laid outside the Chancellery Building at the Joondalup Campus. People from all walks of life were honoured, including past ECU staff, bringing the total number of tiles laid to 145.
Those commemorated in the Path of Honour include:
- The late Dr Susan Holland was honoured for being a gifted academic who gave empathy and dedication to all those who came within her care by her loving husband Denis Kendrick Holland. Former ECU staff member
- The late Rosalie Heaney was honoured for her passionate promotion of Whiteman Park as a place for public enjoyment and conservation by her loving family and friends.
- Ashenef, Baysasahu and Bereket Walsh were sponsored by their proud mother.
- The late Eha & Karl Johannes Lauk were honoured for opportunities they provided for their children by Helen Playford-Lauk, Harry and Ruth Lauk, Edith Lauk and Doris Lauk.
- Dr Irene Froyland was honoured for her lasting friendship by Vince and Kate Hughes.
- The late Geoff (Roy) White who was a lifetime educator with a passion for mathematics and helping children and teachers was honoured by ECU’s School of Education.
- Brad Smith a competent and inspiring football player and coach was honoured by Matthew Litwin.
- The late Ann & Roy Campbell were honoured for the support they had provided for their children by Denis and Paul Vassallo.
- Abdul Mannan Manik was honoured by his brother Mohammed for the support he has given his whole family.
If you'd like to dedicate a tile and honour someone who has made a difference in your life, contact Fiona Allan on 6304 2085.