Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Partner portal

Local Section Navigation
You are here:
ECU is currently converting this web content to a more mobile friendly format. If you find the content below is not formatting correctly during this transition please view on desktop browser.
Main Content

Course withdrawal and deferral

Course withdrawal

If an enrolled student wishes to withdraw from the course, the student must complete and sign the Request to Intermit Course or Discontinue Course Form and lodge this with the Partner Institution.

The Partner Institution shall date-stamp the completed form and immediately email/fax it to the relevant Partnerships Officer.

On receipt of the form, the Partnerships Officer will forward the form to the Off Campus Support Office for processing. Withdrawal from a course without affecting the student’s academic status is permitted only where the application is made before the specified academic penalty date.

A student, who has withdrawn from a course and who subsequently wishes to re-enter the course must make formal application for re-admission.

Course deferral

For course deferral, the student must complete the Request to Intermit Course or Discontinue Course form and submit the application to the Partner Institution, who will in turn send it to the relevant Partnerships Officer.

The Executive Dean/Dean (or nominee) of the relevant Faculty will assess the application and make a decision on whether or not to allow a student who has successfully completed at least one unit of study to intermit (defer) the course.

The decision is subject to one or more of the following grounds:

  • ill-health or injury;
  • compassionate grounds;
  • a matter relating to the student’s employment; or
  • other special grounds.
Skip to top of page