Partner teaching induction
The Partner Institution should ensure that all staff are familiar with the policies and regulations of ECU, particularly as regards good practice in teaching and learning.
Partner tutors/lecturers will be provided with an online professional development unit, a guide to offshore tutors and lecturers at ECU. This unit will cover:
- education philosophy of ECU;
- ECU policies relevant to the taught program, for example: assessment policy and practice, plagiarism and cheating, student communication and results/appeals;
- administration of the Unit Teaching Evaluation Instrument (UTEI);
- ECU expectations of partner staff; and
- management of student grievances.
By completing the Application for Computer System Account and the Request for Access ID International Partner Staff, the Partner lecturer will be granted access to the ECU Library or to Blackboard. The Partner lecturers will also to be included in the UTEI process.