Overseas study gives you the opportunity to travel while gaining credit towards your degree; it widens your horizons intellectually, culturally and socially; it provides plenty of opportunities for personal growth; and improves your employment options. It looks great on any résumé, which may give you a competitive edge in a tight employment market.
There are a number of options available to you as an ECU student to undertake some of your study overseas. The amount of time you spend overseas could be as little as two weeks or as much as two semesters.
- Student exchange – Allows you to study one or two semesters at one of our overseas partner institutions, while paying your tuition fees to ECU, not to the exchange partner
- Study abroad – Gives you the opportunity to study one or two semesters at a non-ECU partner institution and pay your tuition fees directly to that institution
- Study tour – Enables you to spend a short time overseas exploring a different culture and study in a foreign academic setting. These are usually a few weeks in length and are run through the ECU Faculties
- Short program – Permits you to study overseas for a short period and often occurs during ECU’s winter or summer breaks. These are generally run by overseas institutions and may be based around a theme
- Internship – Gives you the chance to put theory into practice in an employment setting overseas
Register your interest by enrolling in the Study Overseas Blackboard community
Enrol now in the new Blackboard community site for all Study Overseas opportunities! You can watch videos, read blogs, connect with other students interested in or currently studying overseas, read articles and more!
Missed an info session? Don't worry! You can watch/listen to the presentation there!
To enrol, visit your Blackboard homepage and search for the community "Study Overseas."
See Elizabeth Aitken's travel blog as she studies on exchange at Prins Claus Conservatory at Hanzehogeschool Groningen in the Netherlands during Semester 1, 2013.
See Joshua Barron's video blog as he studies on exchange at Carleton University in Canada during Semester 1, 2013.
See Nicolee Laird's travel blog as she studies on exchange for a semester at the University of Missouri in the USA during Semester 1, 2013.
See Ruth Kirkby's travel blog as she studies on exchange for a semester at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in the USA during Semester 1, 2013.
See Lucy Shurman's travel blog as she studies on exchange for a semester at Kwantlen Polytechnic University in Canada during Semester 2, 2012.
See Jemimah Halbert's travel blog as she participates in the Cambridge Literature Short Summer School program in the United Kingdom during winter break 2012.
See Emily Cribb's travel blog as she participates in the LEAP leadership program at the University of California, Los Angeles in the USA during Semester 2, 2012.