Top of page
Global Site Navigation


Local Section Navigation

Help us improve our content by rating this page.

Page rating system

Please tell us why your content rating for this page is low.
If you'd rather not, just click Submit.

You are here:
ECU is currently converting this web content to a more mobile friendly format. If you find the content below is not formatting correctly during this transition please view on desktop browser.
Main Content

Financial assistance

There is a range of funding sources that you may be eligible for to assist you in undertaking some study overseas.

Exchange Funding

For students participating in ECU's Student Exchange Program, check out the exchange financial assistance web page.

OS-Help Loan 

OS-Help loans are Australian Government loans administered through ECU to assist students in studying overseas as part of their Australian degree. Find out more about OS-Help loans, if you are eligible and the application process here.

CasaSwap Student Grant

Are you going to study abroad? Apply online for a 1000 Euro Student Grant here.

AIIA WA Bursary for Studies in Asia

Students interested in studying on exchange in Asia can apply for the annual $2,000 bursary. Applications are currently closed, but click here for more information.

Churchill Scholarships

Applications are currently closed, but click here for more information.

WA Women's Society of Fine Arts and Crafts Travel & Exhibition Scholarship

This is an annual scholarship of up to $10,000 is offered to an ECU female student who is enrolled in her 2nd year of a Bachelor of Arts degree course, majoring in Visual Arts or Contemporary Fashion and Textiles OR commencing her 2nd semester of a Master of Arts (Visual Arts) by Coursework OR 2nd semester of a Master of Communications by Research to undertake study overseas.

For more details and application information, click here or contact

Research travel grants

An ECU Higher Degree by Research Mobility Grant provides you with an opportunity to enrich and enhance your research journey by funding you to travel to a collaborating research institute within Australia or overseas. You may use the grant towards:

  • Undertaking field trips that ‘enhance’ your research, e.g. learning new research techniques, access to equipment or data collection;
  • Visiting universities for the purpose of collaborating on your research; or
  • Collaborating for the purpose of developing research partnerships, such as producing a paper as the result of the trip.

The grant provides up to $5000 towards travel and living expenses for a research placement between 6 weeks and 6 months.

For more information, please visit this link.

Skip to top of page