Emirates Work Placements
The Emirates work placements will give students the opportunity to obtain practical training and experience in one of the fastest growing cities in the world as well as the chance to make important industry contacts, all while receiving credit towards their ECU degree.
Semester 2, 2013 - Early September - Mid November
Number of placements
At least two unpaid work placements are available to ECU students in each semester
Available study areas for placements
The current focus for the Emirates placements is on:
- Aviation - Bachelor of Science (Aviation) only; and
Students from other study areas may be considered where Emirates supervision is available.
The Emirates work placements will give students the opportunity to obtain practical training and experience in one of the fastest growing cities in the world, as well as the chance to make important industry contacts. ECU students will be supervised by an ECU and Emirates staff member during the placement.
ECU credit for the placement
ECU students will be required to undertake additional preparation and submission of reports/assessments to obtain 60 ECU credit points for the Emirates work placement.
Credit approval for the Emirates work placement must be gained from your ECU Course Coordinator when submitting your application.
For the two selected students, Emirates will pay for:
- a round-trip airfare from Perth to Dubai on Emirates Airlines;
- airport transfers in Dubai;
- local transport to and from the students' accommodation to the place of work; and
- one meal at work during work days
To participate in the Emirates work placement program you must:
- be in your final year of undergraduate study
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 75*
To apply, you must download and submit the Emirates work placement program application form by:
Friday 10 May, 2013
You must include the following supporting documentation with your application:
- One recommendation letter from an ECU Academic (lecturer/tutor)
- CV/resume which includes your education history and past work experience
- A cover letter for your application