Nanchang University Program
Calling all second and third year Computer Science and Information Technology students…spend 2-4 weeks during Semester 2 in China studying towards your ECU degree!
As part of the strategic planning for the internationalization of learning for students, ECU has formed a partnership with Nanchang University to encourage students to study in China.
Be part of this first group of ECU students to study at Nanchang University School of Software (NCUSS) in China for two - four weeks* during semester 2, 2012. The group will be led by an ECU lecturer who will oversee the program.
Nanchang University is located in central China in Nanchang city, Jiangxi province, which is south of the Yangtze River.
*Exact program duration to be determined.
Academic program and credit*
During the program at NCUSS you will be studying the following four units that will be credited towards your ECU course:
- CSG2312 Foundations of Software Engineering
- CSP2348 Data Structures
- CSI2343 Object-oriented Analysis and Design
- ISS3101 International Science Project (includes studying Chinese language and culture)
Two of the above units will be taught by an ECU lecturer and two units will be taught by NCUSS lecturers.
You will continue to pay ECU tuition fees during the program at NCUSS.
*program delivery is subject to conditions
You will have the opportunity to participate in a range of cultural experiences and sight-seeing tours in China including: visits to Nanchang city; Lu-shan Mountain; Sanqing Mountain; and Shanghai.
Students will stay as a group in off-campus hotel accommodation, approximately 7 minutes walk from the NCUSS campus. Hotel rooms are double occupancy (two double beds) and include private bathrooms, TV, air conditioning, computer and internet access. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant is included.
Approximate costs (for the 4 week program)
- Accommodation (double occupancy) = $500
- Living Expenses = $850
- Travel Insurance = Covered by ECU
- Student Health Insurance in China = $50
- Visa fees = $100 (single entry visa/regular application service)
- Return airfare to China = $1200
- Local transport and some cultural visits = $300
Approximate total cost = $3000
An ECU subsidy of $2000 per student is available to assist with program costs (conditions apply).
Eligibility criteriaTo be eligible for this program students must:
- be second or third year students studying Computer Science and/or Information Technology; and
- be in Good Academic Standing at the end of Semester 1, 2012.
How to apply
To apply for this unique study opportunity download the Expression of Interest form and submit by:
Friday June 29, 2012
For further information about the Nanchang University Program, please contact:
Associate Professor Ken Fowle
Head of School, School of Computer and Security Science
Phone: 9370 6013