When: January - February 2013 (6 weeks)
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering scholarships for a "Hochschulwinterkurs", a six-week winter course on German language, culture and society.
The courses are held in cooperation with the Universities of Duisburg-Essen (Faculty of Education and Arts), Freiburg (SLI - Sprachlehrinstitut), Leipzig (interDaF e.V., Herder-Institut) and the IIK Duesseldorf (in cooperation with Heinrich-Heine-Universitat Duesseldorf).
This is an exciting opportunity for students with a sound knowledge of German wanting to improve their language skills and their understanding of contemporary affairs. All lectures will be held in German.
DAAD scholarships include:
- A flat rate course allowance of EUR 750 (approx. AUD 960)
- A travel allowance of EUR 550 (approx. AUD 700)
- A part-cost grant of EUR 975 (approx. AUD 1250) for living expenses
- Applications from advanced students of all subjects will be accepted, provided they have completed at least two years of university education at the beginning of the Winterkurs. Postgraduate and PhD students may also apply;
- Applicants must have an Australian or New Zealand passport and must be enrolled at an Australian or New Zealand university;
- Applicants must prove a sound knowledge of German in order to be able able to follow lectures and work in study groups. By January 2013, they must have completed at least two years of German (not necessarily at university) and gained language skills at the European level B1, preferably B2;
- Applicants studying for a Bachelor degree may apply provided they are planning to study for a Master's in Germany after finishing their Bachelor degree or where equivalent reasons for receiving a scholarship are given. Such a reason could be, for example, the preparation of a thesis during the applicant's Honours year;
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the beginning of the course; and
- Applicants may only receive on DAAD Winterkurs scholarship within three consecutive years.
How to apply and further information:
Application forms are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close August 15, 2012