The LEAP Foundation and ECU are offering three scholarships to outstanding students to attend The Young Adult LEAP Program run by the LEAP Foundation at the University of California Los Angeles.
What will the scholarships cover?
Each of the scholarships will cover the costs of tuition, materials and accommodation at the one-week conference.
Please note that airfares to and from Los Angeles must be paid by the individual students.
What is the conference about?
The international conference is designed to teach university students both personal and academic ways to gain a seven-year ‘LEAP’ on success.
The event will be filled with high profile national and international leaders in a range of areas, from politics to entertainment.
July 28 – August 3 2013
Previous student feedback
In 2012, three ECU students attended the conference alongside 500 others.
“I am excited that I now truly believe in my goals, my future and my potential for success,” said Bachelor of Nursing student, Amalee Oliver. “I started the week at LEAP very unconfident and shy and at the end I came out confident, happy and believing in myself.”
Watch previous LEAP program students share their experiences:
- Current ECU students within the ages of 18-24
- Have a current passport valid through at least March 2014
- Complete the application form
- Prepare a statement between 300-500 words briefly detailing your reasons for wanting to attend, the outcomes you would hope to achieve and why you deserve a scholarship
- Submit one letter of recommendation, preferably from an ECU lecturer
- Provide a copy of your most recent ECU transcript (available from Student Central)
Please send all application materials to email@example.com by 15 March 2013. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.