Top of page
Global Site Navigation

New Students

Local Section Navigation

Help us improve our content by rating this page.

Page rating system

Please leave a comment about your rating so we can better understand how we might improve the page.

You are here: Main Content

Arranging schooling for your children whilst you study in Australia

In Western Australia (WA), dependants of international students may be enrolled in either approved government (public) or non-government (private) schools registered by the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). A visa for a dependant must be obtained through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) or a representative. Both public and private schools require the payment of fees. Public school fees vary for dependants of pathway students, undergraduate students, postgraduate students and for some scholarship students. It is important to understand these costs BEFORE your dependants arrive in Australia. It is essential to bring your dependant’s immunisation records, birth certificates, original school reports (& copies translated into English by a professional translator). Please refer to the Department of Education for more information.

If you are an International student visa holder currently enrolled and doing a Masters or PhD course, you may be eligible to pay local Australian contribution costs for your dependant's schooling. For information regarding this placement and assistance in making schooling arrangements for your children, you need to make contact with a Student Success Officer.

If you are planning on studying a Masters or PhD course in the future or you have accepted an offer from ECU but are not currently enrolled and would like more information about dependents school placement’s please visit

Skip to top of page