ECU’s Mount Lawley Campus shines for Open Day
Monday, 08 August 2011
Visitors enjoy ECU's Open Day at Mount Lawley
More than 4500 people visited the Mount Lawley Campus for ECU's second Open Day on Sunday, August 7.
The day was blessed with blue skies and a festival-like atmosphere, with an array of entertainment and activities mesmerising visitors, contrasting with the wintry conditions of the previous weekend for the Joondalup Campus Open Day.
Visitors to the Mount Lawley event were able to:
- try their hand at presenting a weather broadcast in our industry-standard broadcasting suites;
- watch School of Law students present their case in a mock trial;
- talk to the School of Engineering students involved in the successful motorsport race car team;
- test themselves in a crisis situation in the ‘Lost in Space’ event at the School of Business tent; and
- create and test their own computer game in the programming lab.
The West Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) was busy all day, with visitors treated to costume parades, contemporary music shows, acting classes and dance sessions.
A tour through the $5 million Props and Scenery Workshop highlighted WAAPA’s state of the art facility for buildings sets and props for all of the Academy’s shows.
Future students and parents were able to navigate between displays and sessions thanks to the Open Day planner, offered for the first time this year.
We look forward to seeing this year’s Open Day visitors on campus next year, hopefully as students beginning their studies at ECU .