Something is Happening at ECU
Friday, 25 November 2011
Throughout December the School of Communications and Arts buildings at the ECU Mount Lawley Campus will be transformed into one huge exhibition space, to celebrate the creative work of SCA’s 2011 graduating students.
This year’s showentitled Something is Happening showcases art, design, fashion, photography and films produced by the 2011 graduating class.
Design studios, visual arts labs, hallways and outdoor areas have been converted into impromptu art galleries during the event.
The event was officially opened by the Minister for Planning; Culture and the Arts; Science and Innovation, the Hon. John Day on Thursday, 1 December.
Communications and Arts Head of School Professor Clive Barstow says the exhibition recognises all that is unique about ECU’s creative students.
“Communications and Arts at ECU is such a broad discipline, encompassing everything from art and design to PR and journalism,” Professor Barstow said.
“This year’s graduate show has something for everyone – whether you’re a lover of fashion, have an eye for photomedia or a passion for visual arts. It’s a great way to see the vast array of talent across the school, view unique pieces and support our students before they embark on successful careers.”
- Photomedia Exhibition – Waiting for the next move; held in the Spectrum Project Space;
- Visual Arts Exhibition – Happenstance; held in the Visual Arts studios;
- Interior and Spatial Design, Graphic Design and Interactive Media Exhibition – OK, OK, OK; in the design studios;
- Film and Video annual graduate screening event The Big Shave at the Luna Cinemas; and
- Contemporary Fashion Performance – Reticent and Askew; held in the Spectrum Project Space.
Something is Happening is running from Thursday, 1 to Friday, 16 of December, with the Contemporary Fashion exhibition closing the two-week celebration.
Date: Thursday, 1 to Friday, 16 December
Time: Opening night 6pm to 9pm, then exhibitions open daily from 10am to 5pm; closing event 6pm to 9pm
Venue: School of Communications and Arts, Building 3, ECU Mount Lawley Campus, 3 Bradford Street Mount Lawley