Vice-Chancellor’s Staff Awards
Friday, 06 July 2012
Excellence in Teaching award winner Ms Helen Adam with Vice-Chancellor Professor Kerry Cox
Exceptional ECU staff were recognised this week at the annual Vice-Chancellor’s Staff Awards.
Established as a way to recognise and reward staff for outstanding achievements, the Awards acknowledge staff across a range of categories, from engagement and research to service to the University.
This year’s ceremony saw 16 staff celebrated as leaders in their fields.
“It is important that we recognise and reward colleagues who exemplify personal excellence and who, through their efforts, achieve outstanding outcomes,” Vice-Chancellor, Professor Kerry Cox said.
“The Vice-Chancellor’s Awards are a testament to ECU’s commitment to the values of personal excellence, integrity, rational inquiry and respect.”
“The calibre of this year’s Vice-Chancellor’s Award entries has been extremely high. I congratulate this year’s recipients on their achievements, and thank them for working to ensure that Universities values are embedded in the work they do.”
The 2012 winners are:
- Learning and Teaching - Dr Megan Le Clus
- Research - Child Health Promotion Research Centre and Dr Meghan Thomas
- Service to the University - Dr Anne Harris; The Student Mobility Team; The Interprofessional Ambulatory Care Program; Mr Gary Kong; Mrs Doreen Mackie; and Mr Simon Davies-Burrows
- Excellence in Early Career Researchers - Dr Clint McCullough
- Excellence in Research- Professor Ken Nosaka and Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
- Excellence in Teaching - Dr Christine Ormond; Associate Professor Robert Powell and Mr Ray Boffey; Miss Shannon Williams; and Ms Helen Adam
For more information on the awards visit the Vice-Chancellor's Awards webpage.