ECU staff recognised for excellence
Tuesday, 05 August 2008
Seven high-achieving staff from Edith Cowan University have been recognised by the Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC) with Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning, the most for any university in the WA. The prestigious ALTC Citation program recognises individuals who have made a significant contribution to the quality of student learning in a specific area.
ECU recipients include:
- Mr Peter Holland - for a contemporary broadcasting course designed and delivered by a collaborative team of academic and support staff, achieving outstanding student outcomes.
- Dr David Elder - for the development and use of innovative resources to promote semi-autonomous learning in large, mixed ability French language classes. Dr Geoffrey Swan - for sustained teaching excellence and leadership in physics education.
- Dr Mel Ziman - for sustained commitment to fostering a teaching and research nexus that enhances learning of human biology for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Dr Trevor Cullen - for the development and implementation of a successful, relevant and contemporary journalism major.
- Associate Professor Adrianne Kinnear - for a lifetime commitment to the education of young scientists and science teachers through inspirational teaching and leadership.
- Associate Professor Lynne Cohen - for outstanding sustained leadership in the scholarship of teaching and learning, leading to dramatic improvements for staff and students in the School of Psychology.
For more information, visit the ALTC website http://www.altc.edu.au/carrick/go
- ends -
(08) 6304 2131
0402 016 344