WA Screen Academy commissioned by City of Perth
Monday, 01 March 2010
Edith Cowan University’s WA Screen Academy is leading the way in film after being commissioned by the City of Perth to produce a series of short films featuring none other than – The City of Perth.
This is the fourth consecutive year the WA Screen Academy has been commissioned by the City to create an array of films which capture the beauty, joy and life in Western Australia’s capital.
The following films will be screening at a special outdoor film night entitled; ‘Piazza Pics’ on Thursday, 11 March, 7pm at the Northbridge Piazza.
- XO - a romantic comedy in which true love is only a park bench away. Written by Claudia Rondon and Eva Ramdohr. Directed by Eva Ramdohr.
- Dot to Dot - an urban tale of homelessness and hope. Written by David Meadows. Directed by Kazimir Sas.
- Odd Circumstances - a stroll through the City of Perth is a completely different experience for two friends who don’t see the world in the same way. Written by Alex Giles. Directed by Eva Ramdohr.
- Glow in the Dark - a plastic rose connects strangers in a nocturnal fairytale. Written and directed by Magdalena Wozniac.
- Stuffed - a technicolour fantasy in which the arrival of a new neighbour wreaks havoc on a young woman and her plush toys. Written by Magdalena Wozniac. Directed by Oyvind Opsbaug.
- The Bubbleologist - a visual poem about a high school science assignment that became a passion, then a profession, and then… something else. Written by Kazimir Sas. Directed by Oyvind Opsbaug.
This has been an outstanding year for the WA Screen Academy and ECU Filmmakers with 23 WA Screen Award nominations, 15 of which are from the WA Screen Academy.
The WA Screen Academy delivers intensive, one-year programs in screen production focused on industry preparation for Producers, Directors, Scriptwriters, Editors, Cinematographers and Sound specialists.
For more information on courses in Communication and Arts visit www.reachyourpotential.com.au
- ends -
(08) 6304 2131
0402 016 344