Finance, Economics, Markets and Accounting Research Centre
The Finance, Economics, Markets and Accounting Research Centre (FEMARC) supports and encourages research into finance and capital markets in Australia and within the Asia-Pacific Region.
Numerous collaborative research projects are in place involving work with researchers at universities in Australia and overseas and with a number of significant industry partners.
FEMARC research is supplemented by a number of international academic staff and a strong group of visiting scholars.
Research projects and expertise include:
- Accounting research
- Management accounting and financial distress
- Gambling and the analysis of risk
- Investor choice, particularly with respect to superannuation and ageing
- Financial markets research (including work on market microstructure)
- Applications of financial econometrics to applied financial economics issues and risk analysis
- Funds management research
- East Asia monetary and economic integration
- Issues in transitional economies - China, Vietnam and East-Asian countries.
FEMARC has an association with the Securities Industry Research Centre of the Asia-Pacific (SIRCA), to undertake research within its Managed Funds Research Centre. FEMARC researchers are also participating in the ARC funded Financial Integrity Research Network (FIRN).
Many Centre outputs have received awards including "best paper" and a succession of ANBAR Citations of Excellence.
Professor Dave Allen
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5471