Centre for Higher Education Learning and Teaching Research
The Centre for Higher Education Learning and Teaching Research promotes and support research and scholarship into learning and teaching in higher education (HE) through cross-faculty communities of practice.
Aims of the Centre
- To support and encourage scholarship and research into teaching and learning that will provide evidence to inform enhancements to teaching and learning in ECU’s courses.
- To create a community of scholars and postgraduate research students who engage in HE T&L research that will enhance dialogue and research collaboration across ECU faculties.
- To increase HDR completions, publications and research grant income in HE T&L research for a sustainable research culture at ECU.
- To conduct research and scholarship that enhances the engagement of ECU’s teaching and research with the professions and the broader community.
Some examples of research
- First Year Experience.
- Engaging students in affect: an evaluation of learning through simulation and active recall in teacher education lectures.
- Internationalising the curriculum.
- Sense of community/ sense of belonging.
- Employability and transfer of non technical skills across different contexts.
Mrs Jan Mitchell