The Centre for Higher Education Learning and Teaching Research promotes and support research and scholarship into learning and teaching in higher education (HE) through cross-faculty communities of practice.
Aims of the Centre
- To support and encourage scholarship and research into teaching and learning that will provide evidence to inform enhancements to teaching and learning in ECU’s courses.
- To create a community of scholars and postgraduate research students who engage in HE T&L research that will enhance dialogue and research collaboration across ECU faculties.
- To increase HDR completions, publications and research grant income in HE T&L research for a sustainable research culture at ECU.
- To conduct research and scholarship that enhances the engagement of ECU’s teaching and research with the professions and the broader community.
Some examples of research
- First Year Experience.
- Engaging students in affect: an evaluation of learning through simulation and active recall in teacher education lectures.
- Internationalising the curriculum.
- Sense of community/ sense of belonging.
- Employability and transfer of non technical skills across different contexts.
Mrs Jan Mitchell