An agreement was signed between ECU and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) in Beijing on the 13 June 2014. This highly-valued partnership with CSC will facilitate the recruitment of students supported by the Chinese Government to undertake a research degree at ECU. Recipients of this scholarship will receive a living allowance supplement to bridge any gap between the CSC entitlement and to the equivalent of the postgraduate research stipend level ($28,000 in 2017), tuition and research fees, return air fares from China to Australia, a range of free research training workshops (including a six week English as an Additional Language course every semester), and access to research and writing consultants.
At a glance
- You must not be a current ECU student to apply for this scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of the People's Republic of China at the time of application;
- not be currently working or studying abroad;
- fulfil academic admission requirement set by ECU, including English Language proficiency;
- fulfil all requirements of the CSC;
- agree to return to China upon completion of your studies; and
- be intending to pursue a PhD. Priority areas include: Engineering, Environmental and Natural Science, Medical Science, Exercise Science, Computer Security and Creative Arts.
Terms and Conditions
How to apply
- If you believe you are eligible, apply directly to ECU on this web page.
- If you are successful in the application process, ECU Admissions will send you an offer letter and the Graduate Research School will be able to issue you with an invitation for you to submit as part of your CSC application.
- Invitation letters must be submitted to the CSC by 5 April. CSC outcome letters will be issued in May and successful applicants must forward their CSC letter to ECU to receive a confirmation of enrolment (COE) (provided all other offer conditions have been met).
- Unsuccessful applicants may apply for the second round of the CSC.
Students with a COE can apply for their student visa for commencement at ECU.
For more information
- Contact the Graduate Research School: email@example.com
- ECU attends the annual International Graduate Scholarship Fair (IGSF) organised by the China Scholarship Council. The fair is typically held in mid-late October. To find out information about this annual fair, please visit the CSC website.