The ECU Vice Chancellor's Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Scholarship was established to provide financial support for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Australians. The scholarship funds are payable each semester, until the completion of a Bachelor's degree at ECU. Applicants are asked to demonstrate leadership and contribution within the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community, and/or university community.
The scholarship offers $2,500 per semester (pro rata for part time study) for up to 7 semesters.
At a glance
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander;
- have completed a minimum of 120 credit points towards your Bachelor's degree at the time of application;
- demonstrate community and/or university leadership and contribution;
- not be in receipt of any other significant scholarships (excluding Commonwealth scholarships);
- be able to demonstrate successful achievement in prior studies; and
- have maintained an academic status of good standing at the end of each semester (as defined in the ECU handbook).
- Selection will be based on academic merit, demonstrated leadership and contribution to the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and University communities. Short-listed candidates may be invited for an interview prior to final selection.
How to apply
Applicants are required to complete the Application Form (either hard copy, or electronic) and associated documentation and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more Information
Download the Applicant Information document or contact the Scholarships Office.