The Australian-American Fulbright Commission promotes and supports educational and cultural exchange between Australia and America. Fulbright Scholarships are available to Australian citizens from all fields to undertake research or study in the United States.
A number of scholarships are available depending on your career stage.
Opening date: 2017-05-01
Closing date: 2017-08-01
At a glance
- This scholarship is open to
individuals who are future and current ECU students.
- Questions about this
scholarship can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be eligible to apply for more than one scholarship.
To be eligible you:
- cannot hold dual US-Australian citizenship;
- need to apply in 2017 for the 2018 round – successful applicants must undertake program between 1st July 2018 and 30th June 2019; and
- if successful, must travel to the US on a J-1 visa. Please be aware that strict residency constraints apply, including a two year home residency requirement upon return to Australia
The Fulbright Roadshow, typically comes to Western Australia in June.
Details will be posted here when available.
About the scholarships
The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers Scholarships to Australian citizens across all career stages.
Click on the link below to access information for each category, including opportunities available, eligibility, timelines for applications, the selection process and how to apply.
- Postgraduate Scholarships - For postgraduate students undertaking their Australian PhD to conduct research and/or study in the U.S.; or to support enrolment in a U.S. postgraduate program such as a Masters. Includes
the prestigious Fulbright-Anne Wexler Scholarship in Public Policy.
- Postdoctoral Scholarships - For researchers who have completed their PhD in the past two to three years (up to five years under extenuating circumstances) to undertake postdoctoral research in the U.S.
- Professional Scholarships - For mid-career professionals in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors to undertake training or research programs in the U.S. Also open to academics whose primary research has industry
or professional links.
- Senior Scholarships - For senior level academics (at Associate Professor or full Professor level) to undertake research at a U.S. institution.
- Distinguished Chair in Agriculture and Life Sciences - Sponsored by Kansas State University - For Senior Level academics at the level of full Professor to work with Kansas State University faculty
in priority research areas, leading to ongoing collaborative partnerships between the U.S. and Australia. A public lecture series forms part of this program.
For more Information
For more information visit the Fulbright Australian-American Fulbright Commission
Phone: +61 2 6260 4460