ECU is pleased to offer the IEEE Computer Society Cyber Security Scholarship to future students that can demonstrate they have achieved a relevant IEEE Certification and accompanying minimum score. The scholarship provides a 20% discount on your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU.
At a glance
- You must not be a current ECU student to apply for this scholarship.
- In order to apply for this scholarship, you must not have a course application in the ECU system.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- have achieved the minimum score on a relevant Certification from the IEEE Computer Society;
- be an international student intending to enrol in the Bachelor of Science (Cyber Security) or Master of Cyber Security at ECU, or be a domestic fee paying student intending to enrol in the Master of Cyber Security;
- meet ECU’s English and academic direct admission requirements for the course;
- not have a pending course application with ECU or be enrolled in the course at ECU; and
- commence your course within four months of being granted pre-approval for the scholarship.
Terms and conditions
Receipt of the scholarship is contingent on the following ongoing conditions:
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- Pre-approved scholarship applicants must apply and accept their course offer within the time periods specified by ECU (if the course offer is not accepted within the stipulated deadline the scholarship offer will lapse).
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially to maintain their scholarship.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
- The scholarship recipient must be reasonably available to support ECU’s marketing and communications endeavours through attendance at key marketing events nominated by ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so will negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU based on the information submitted by the student and in their course application. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU.
How to apply
- Email your IEEE certificate to email@example.com
- You will then be contacted to provide accompanying evidence to demonstrate you meet the scholarship eligibility criteria.
- ECU will pre-approve or decline your scholarship eligibility.
- If successful, you will be provided with specific instructions about how to apply for your course and redeem your scholarship.
- If you are made an offer for an ECU course, your fees will be adjusted automatically.
IMPORTANT: This scholarship requires pre-approval BEFORE you apply for a course. Please wait until you hear from us before applying for a course. If you apply for a course before this step, you’ll be automatically declined for the scholarship.
For more information