At a glance
The scholarships are open to:
- future students applying for 22 weeks or 44 weeks on-campus accommodation at Mount Lawley in a 5 / 6 bedroom apartment:
- scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance of 50% (percent) off Mount Lawley on-campus accommodation fees;
- the International Accommodation Scholarship will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis;
- the scholarship will be awarded to the first 40 eligible applicants.
Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- be commencing study at ECU in semester 1, 2018;
- sign a 22 weeks or 44 weeks contract with the Mount Lawley Campus ECU Village for a 5 or 6 bedroom apartment;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen; and
- be studying at ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley.
Terms and conditions
To receive this scholarship the following ongoing conditions apply:
- the scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU;
- the scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements;
- the scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially to maintain their scholarship;
- the scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment of 60 credit points each semester or study period, unless otherwise approved by ECU;
- course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion);
- the scholarship covers a maximum of 50% off the first-year (22 weeks or 44 weeks) Mount Lawley campus accommodation fees;
- the scholarship is for 5 or 6 bedroom apartments;
- the scholarship funds can only be used for campus accommodation fees and cannot not be used for any other student expense;
- the scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified;
- the scholarship can only be retained if a recipient defers their studies for a maximum of one semester;
- the scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university; and
- the scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU.
How to apply
The International Accommodation Scholarship will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. The scholarship will be awarded to the first 40 eligible applicants.
To apply, go to the ECU Village website and click “apply now”.