King & Amy O’Malley Trust Scholarships are annual undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships for students enrolled in or applying for tertiary Home Economics or related areas (e.g. Family Studies, Consumer Science, Food and Nutrition or Teacher education in these fields). There are 30 scholarships available each year and since 1986 when the scholarship was first awarded there have been hundreds of successful scholars who have benefited from the scholarship and been successful in their careers in the field.
The scholarship offers a payment of $7,500 for postgraduate students, and $5,000 for undergraduates.
Opening date: 2017-04-01
Closing date: 2017-07-31
At a glance
- This scholarship is open to individuals who are future and current ECU students.
- More information can be found at the O'Malley Trust website
To be eligible for this scholarship you must
- be intending to undertake full time study in the following year in a program in Home Economics or equivalent which conforms to the criteria for an 'eligible program' as determined by the Managing Trustees;
- for postgraduate applications, normally have an undergraduate award in an eligible program in Home Economics or equivalent and must be intending to undertake full time or part time study in the following year in a postgraduate program deemed eligible by the Managing Trustees;
- make a statement of professional goals and must demonstrate clear intentions to work in the field of Home Economics and to make a professional contribution to the field;
- if a citizen of another country living in Australia, be required to provide evidence of your intention to remain a permanent residents in Australia; and
- if studying overseas, be required to agree to return to Australia within 6 months of completing your program of study.
- Professional goals in home economics.
- Academic performance.
- Personal and leadership attributes.
- Potential to contribute to the Home Economics profession.
How to apply
- Awards are made for a one year approved study program and scholarship holders may apply annually for awards for up to a total of 3 years of full time study
- Applications must be made on the Application Form to be found on the O'Malley Trust website.
Once completed your application must be printed, signed and sent by post to:
O'Malley Trust Office
PO Box 120
For more information
- For full details please visit the O'Malley Trust website to clarify the eligibility criteria and application information.
- Or you can call (61 3) 9811 9904