Top of page
Global Site Navigation


Local Section Navigation

Help us improve our content by rating this page.

Page rating system

Please leave a comment about your rating so we can better understand how we might improve the page.

You are here: Main Content

Relocation Scholarship

If you have to live away from your family home to study at Edith Cowan University you may be able to get additional financial help through the Relocation Scholarship. This is available if you qualify for ABSTUDY Living Allowance or Youth Allowance as a full-time student, through Centrelink. The amount of the scholarship depends on the location of your family home and the year of your study.

Opening date: 1-12-2016
Closing date: 31-12-2017

At a glance

  • You must be a current ECU student to be eligible for this scholarship.
  • For more information visit the Centrelink website.

Eligibility criteria

To be eligible for this payment you must be getting ABSTUDY Living Allowance or Youth Allowance as a full-time student.

You also need to be:

You do not need to make a separate claim. When you claim a Centrelink payment, your eligibility for the Relocation Scholarship is assessed at the same time.

Terms and conditions

The amount of Relocation Scholarship a student can receive each year depends on:

  • whether the student's family home is in an area classified as Inner Regional Australia, Outer Regional Australia, Remote Australia, or Very Remote Australia
  • what year of study they are undertaking

Students can find out which area their family home is in by using the Student Regional Area Search service.

More information

  • For more information contact a Centrelink Office
  • Or visit the Centrelink website
Skip to top of page