The Stacey Scholarship will support one male classical voice student, who has demonstrated excellence in Bachelor of Music (Classical Performance – Vocal). The Scholarship has been created to recognise those who are experiencing hardship but excelling within the course. This scholarship is valued at $5,000 which will be given as a fee credit for the course.
At a glance
- You must be a current ECU student to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident of Australia;
- be a second, third or fourth year male student currently enrolled full time in the Bachelor of Music (Classical Performance - Vocal);
- have demonstrated excellence in the aforementioned course with a minimum course average of 65%;
- provide a personal statement outlining the financial or personal circumstances which have impacted your life and how receiving the scholarship would personally benefit you (no more than 500 words); and
- provide a reference to demonstrate a positive work ethic in current or previous years of study or employment. (no more than 500 words)
A shortlist of candidates will be created by the Scholarships Office. The assessment of eligibility will be based on academic records and applications submitted.
The Selection Panel will be comprised of the below and rank applicants on financial hardship and personal aspiration;
- A representative from the Office of Development and Alumni Relations
- Associate Dean - Music
- Course Coordinator from Classical Performance — Vocal and/or nominated representative
- Jan Stacey or a representative selected by the Donor.
Final approval will remain with the Dean of the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
Terms and conditions
- If there are no suitable applicants the funds will either be held over for the next year or be used for the WAAPA Visiting Artist Program in the current year. This decision will be made in consultation with the donor.
- The Scholarship will be reviewed annually in consultation with the donor. If a postgraduate course in Classical Voice is re-established, it will be added into the criteria of the scholarship for students of this course to also apply.
- Scholarship funds are to be used as fee credit.
- At the end of the current year the recipient will provide a brief written report advising how the Scholarship has assisted them.
- Payment of the Scholarship will be conditional on the recipient meeting ongoing eligibility criteria determined by ECU. Unless otherwise agreed, payment of the Scholarship to a Recipient will occur in the manner and on the dates determined by ECU. The funding for the Scholarship will be paid into the ECU's nominated account by the Donor prior to the Scholarship being opened to receive applications.
How to apply
Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates.
You will also be required to provide:
- a personal statement outlining the financial and personal circumstances which have impacted your life and how receiving a scholarship would personally benefit you (no more than 500 words);
- a reference to demonstrate a positive work ethic in current or previous years of study or employment (no more than 500 words)
For more information
Contact the scholarships office at firstname.lastname@example.org