ASEG WA Award Program
The Western Australian branch of the Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists (ASEG WA) has established a program offering awards to eligible students currently studying geophysics or a related scientific discipline. The aim of the program is to promote and encourage geophysics-related research and education in Western Australia.
Application opening date: 1 July 2013
Application closing date: 30 August 2013
Method of application: Application form
The ASEG WA Award Program is open to students who, at the application deadline, are:
- Enrolled full time as a second year or higher undergraduate or post-graduate student in a geophysics or geophysics-related* scientific program at a Western Australian tertiary institution
- Not already receiving full funding by a company or institution
- A current and financial member of the ASEG
*This includes, but is not limited to, mathematics, physics, geology, environmental science, and engineering.
Level of study:
How to apply
Applicants must include the following in their application:
- a completed Application Form
- a certified copy of their Tertiary Academic Record
- a CV summarising their education, previous awards or scholarships received, work history, professional affiliations, interests, and including references*
- a Cover Letter including how their studies relate to geophysics and why their application should be considered (maximum 1 page)
Student membership of the ASEG is fully sponsored by Rio Tinto, Origin Energy, or Coffey Geotechnics. A student member application form can be downloaded from the ASEG website (www.aseg.org.au) or requested from the Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications will be assessed by a committee of ASEG WA members. Successful applicants will be notified by late October. Awards will be presented at the annual student presentation night held in mid November. Honours and graduate level award recipients may be requested to give a public presentation on their research at a technical or student night held by the society.
Completed application forms and accompanying documentation should be emailed (preferably) or posted to:
The Secretariat Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists (WA)
P O Box 8463
Perth Business Centre
Perth, WA 6849