Eveline Rosina Henty Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to enable Indigenous students to pursue an undergraduate Bachelor degree or bridging course at a public university in Western Australia. The scholarship is offered for study in any area and aims to assist Indigenous students in financial need.
Application opening date: March 2014
Application closing date: April 2014
Method of application: Via the Eveline Rosina Henty Scholarship website
Amount: up to $5000 can vary depending on funds available and / or needs of recipient
- be a student of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- be enrolled/enrolling at any Western Australian University
- studying in an undergraduate degree or a bridging/orientation course
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident
Level of study:
- Undergraduate bachelor courses
- Bridging or orientation course
ECU students apply for this scholarship through UWA. As the scholarship is administered by UWA all queries relating to application, eligibility, selection and payments should be directed to UWA – Please see contact details below.
Selection is based on
- the need for financial assistance
- academic merit
- rankings provided by the Aboriginal centre of the relevant university
The late Eveline Rosina Glyde having left to The University of Western Australia the balance of the residuary trust fund created by her will to use the income from it to establish and maintain scholarships for Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to support them during tertiary studies.
Mrs Marilyn Strother
Director, Indigenous Student Services
School of Indigenous Studies
Telephone (61 8) 6488 2402