The Australian-American Fulbright Commission promotes and supports educational and cultural exchange between Australia and America. Fulbright Scholarships are available to Australian citizens from all fields to undertake research or study in the United States.
Application Opening Date: 1 May 2016
Application Closing Date: 1 August 2016
Method of Application: Visit http://www.fulbright.com.au/index.php/australian-applicants to access the online application
Key criteria for applicants
- Cannot hold dual US-Australian citizenship
- May be eligible to apply for more than one scholarship
- Apply in 2016 for the 2017 round – successful applicants must undertake program between 1st July 2017 and 30th June 2018
- Successful applicants must travel to the US on a J-1 visa. Please be aware that strict residency constraints apply, including a two year home residency requirement upon return to Australia
2016 Fulbright Roadshow, coming to Western Australia on Wednesday 8 June. This year's events will be held on campus at The University of Western Australia.
The University Club Theatre Auditorium, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley WA 6009
- Postgraduate: 11:30am - 12:15pm
- Professional, Senior Scholar, Distinguished Chair: 12:30pm – 1:15pm
- Postdoctoral: 3:00pm – 3:45pm
Fulbright Distinguished Chair Public Lecture: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Note: Connection to the sessions can be organised online via Zoom Videoconferencing.
The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers Scholarships to Australian citizens across all career stages.
Click on the link below to access information for each category, including opportunities available, eligibility, timelines for applications, the selection process and how to apply.
- Postgraduate Scholarships - For postgraduate students undertaking their Australian PhD to conduct research and/or study in the U.S.; or to support enrolment in a U.S. postgraduate program such as a Masters. Includes the prestigious Fulbright-Anne Wexler Scholarship in Public Policy.
- Postdoctoral Scholarships - For researchers who have completed their PhD in the past two to three years (up to five years under extenuating circumstances) to undertake postdoctoral research in the U.S.
- Professional Scholarships - For mid-career professionals in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors to undertake training or research programs in the U.S. Also open to academics whose primary research has industry or professional links.
- Senior Scholarships - For senior level academics (at Associate Professor or full Professor level) to undertake research at a U.S. institution.
- Distinguished Chair in Agriculture and Life Sciences - Sponsored by Kansas State University - For Senior Level academics at the level of full Professor to work with Kansas State University faculty in priority research areas, leading to ongoing collaborative partnerships between the U.S. and Australia. A public lecture series forms part of this program.
Visit the Fulbright Australian-American Fulbright Commission at http://www.fulbright.com.au/
Phone: +61 2 6260 4460