The National Centre of Excellence in Desalination Australia (NCEDA) leads and coordinates Australia's research in desalination technology. Through the NCEDA, Australia is building national capacity and capabilities in desalination with a dual focus on breakthrough fundamental and applied research with a goal of delivering meaningful improvements at commercial scale.
Application opening date: May 2015
Application closing date: June 2015
Method of application: Download form
Amount: $10,000 for one year
Frequency: Two installments
- Enrolled or will be enroll for full-time study by the end of 2012 at ECU
- Not in receipt of another scholarship
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident visa
Level of study:
- UG HONS - Undergraduate bachelor course honours
Year of study:
- To submit a full application that contains an up-to-date CV; proof of enrollment; project description (abstract - less than 300 words, description on how the project aligns with the NCEDA's Research Roadmap, timeline of milestones, expenses table detailing distribution of Honours Scholarship (tuition fees, stipend, conference, travel, equipment, etc.); letter of support from supervisor containing a statement on the research capabilities of the applicant, suitability of the applicant, what the Honours Scholarship will contribute towards ie after tuition fees have been paid and; the start date of the project
- Projects can be in any field of study that will contribute knowledge to the area of desalination and with objectives that align with the NCEDA's Research Roadmap. Projects may have already started or be scheduled to begin by the end 2012
- Projects should be separate and distinct from any Centre or Partner Projects approved for funding by the NCEDA. If it is intended that students will contribute to a Centre or Partner Project, then such contributions should be fully funded from the relevant Project budget and not by way of a Scholarship
- This is the first time NCED is offering scholarships to outstanding Honours students enrolled at the Participating Organisations such as Edith Cowan University
- The maximum value of the NCED Honours Scholarship will be $10,000 for one year (contributing first towards tuition fees and then student stipend and a final payment of $500 upon submission of the thesis)
Visit the National Centre of Excellence in Desalination Australia website.
Send application to:
Research Scholarships Officer email@example.com.