The National Centre of Excellence in Desalination Australia (NCEDA) leads and coordinates Australia's research in desalination technology. Through the NCEDA, Australia is building national capacity and capabilities in desalination with a dual focus on breakthrough fundamental and applied research with a goal of delivering meaningful improvements at commercial scale.
Application opening date: May 2015
Application closing date: June 2015
Method of application: Download form
Amount: $10,000 for one year
Frequency: dependent on use of scholarship
Method: dependent of use of scholarship
- Enrolled full-time in PHD for less than 12 months (on the application closing date), or are applying for full-time admission at ECU
- A recipient or expect to be, of a Commonwealth recognized scholarship ie Australian Postgraduate Award (APA)
- Not in receipt of another supplementary scholarship
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- Australian permanent resident visa
- New Zealand citizen
Level of study:
- HDR - Higher degree research (PhD)
Year of study:
- To submit a full application that contains an up‐to‐date CV; proof of other scholarship award; project description (abstract - less than 300 words, description on how the project aligns with the NCEDA’s Research Roadmap, timeline of milestones including due dates of annual progress reports, expenses table outlining distribution of Supplementary Scholarships (stipend, conference, travel, equipment, etc.); letter of support from supervisor containing a statement on the research capabilities of the applicant, suitability of the applicant, what the Supplementary Scholarship will contribute towards ie stipend, and the start date of the project; and copy of qualifications
- Applications are invited from PhD candidates in any field of study whose area of research contributes to the field of desalination and aligns with the Research Roadmap. Projects may have already started or be scheduled to begin by the end 2013
- Projects should be separate and distinct from any Centre or Partner Projects approved for funding by the NCEDA. If it is intended that students will contribute to a Centre or Partner Project, then such contributions should be fully funded from the relevant Project budget and not by way of this Supplementary Scholarship
- This is the third time NCED is offering Supplementary Scholarships to outstanding PhD students enrolled at the Participating Organisations such as Edith Cowan University
- NCED PhD supplementary scholarships will be offered to highly ranked PhD students that are enrolled full‐time and hold either an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or other recognised Commonwealth scholarship for full‐time research leading to the award of a PhD
- The maximum value of the NCED PhD Supplementary Scholarship will be $30,000 over three years, with a maximum payable amount of $10,000 per annum
- Academic Merit and alignment of the project with NCEDA's Research Roadmap.
Visit the National Centre of Excellence in Desalination Australia website.
Send application to:
Research Scholarships Officer firstname.lastname@example.org.