Puggy Hunter Memorial Scholarship
The Australian College of Nursing (RCNA & TCoN) is calling for applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students for the Puggy Hunter Memorial Scholarship Scheme. The Scheme is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. The aim of the Scheme is to help address the under-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in health professions and assist in increasing the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with professional health qualifications.
Application opening date: 20 July 2013
Application closing date: 16 September 2013
Method of application: Via the RCNA Scholarships web page
Amount: Up to $15,000 per year for full-time ($7,500 part-time)
Method: directly to student
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Able to prove Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander status
- Enrolled/planning to enroll in one of the following eligible health areas:
- Aboriginal health worker
- Allied health (excluding pharmacy)
- Dentistry/oral health (excluding dental assistants)
- Australian citizen
Level of study:
- VET - Certifificate IV (or above)
- UG - Undergraduate bachelor courses
These are competitive scholarships and will be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee whose assessment will be based on how you address the following questions:
- Discuss your commitment to becoming a health professional.
- Discuss what you hope to accomplish as a health professional in the next 5-10 years.
- Demonstrate how this scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals.
Applicants must be able to prove their Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander status. To prove your status as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person, you must obtain a written Confirmation of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Descent document from an Indigenous Australian organisation within the community in which you live or have previously lived. The document must include the signatures of two office holders. A Confirmation of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Descent from an incorporated body related to an academic institution will not be accepted.
Applicants must be intending to undertake study or are undertaking study in an entry level qualification in an eligible health related discipline at an Australian university or TAFE (Certificate IV and above).
Visit the RCNA web site. If you require further information or assistance to complete your application please contact the Scholarships team at Royal College of Nursing, Australia (RCNA) by: Free call 1800 688 628 or email email@example.com.