RCNA Aged Care Nursing Scholarships Nurse Re-entry
Aged Care Nursing Scholarships: Nurse Re-entry is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. It is an initiative supporting former nurses who wish to undertake re-entry studies in order to return to nursing in the aged care sector.
Application opening date: July 2014
Application closing date: August 2014
Method of application: via the RCNA Australian Government Scholarships website
Value of a scholarship:
Applicants can receive up to a maximum of $6000 over a two year period to study a re-entry course. Funding will not be available for courses studied outside Australia. These scholarships are not bonded.
To be eligible to apply for a Nurse Re-entry scholarship applicants must be:
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- a former registered or enrolled nurse whose registration has lapsed
- considered eligible to re-register by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- intending to participate in re-entry studies that will lead to re-registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- intending to work in aged care at the completion of their studies
Please note applicants already receiving a scholarship funded by the Australian Government are ineligible.
For clarification of your eligibility or hard copy application form under this scheme please contact RCNA
Freecall 1800 116 696