Zonta International - The Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship Program
Established in 1998 from a generous bequest by Jane M. Klausman, a member of the Zonta Club of Syracuse, New York USA, and the 1990-1995 Zonta International Parliamentarian, the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship is awarded annually to women pursuing undergraduate or Master's degrees in business management.
The program operates at the Zonta club, district and international levels. Zonta clubs provide awards for club recipients. Zonta International awards scholarships of US$1,000 each at the district level and twelve international scholarships in the amount of US$5,000 each. The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships are awarded annually and may be used for tuition, books or living expenses at any university, college or institution offering accredited business courses and degrees.
Application opening date: 14 February 2013
Application closing date: 31 May 2013
Amount: US$ 1000 or US$ 5000
- Women pursuing a business or business-related degree who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field are eligible
- Living or studying in Zonta region/district
- Online students are also eligible
- Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are not eligible to apply for the Scholarships
Year of study:
- Minimum 2nd year of undergraduate degree through to final year of Masters at time of application being submitted
The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship program operates at the club, district and international levels of Zonta International. Applicants must be nominated by a local Zonta club. Applications selected by Zonta clubs are sent to their respective Zonta governors. A district evaluating committee selects one applicant per district to submit to Zonta International Headquarters. The Zonta International Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship Committee selects twelve international recipients from the district applicants.