ECU Research Excellence Award (ECUREA)
In addition to being offered an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or ECU Postgraduate Research Scholarship (ECUPRS), up to ten (10) of the most highly ranked recipients commencing a Master by research or Doctor of Philosophy are offered an ECU Research Excellence Award. This supplementary award provides an additional $5,000 per annum on top of an APA or ECUPRS stipend.
These awards are automatically allocated and no separate application is required.
Method of application: Direct offer
Amount: $5,000 tax free per annum
Method: Electronic funds transfer
- 1-2 years for a Master by research dependant on course length
- Up to maximum of 3 years for a Doctor of Philosophy (PHD)
- Must have applied for an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or ECU Postgraduate Research Scholarship (ECUPRS), only offered to the most highly ranked commencing APA or ECUPRS recipients.
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident visa
- New Zealand citizen
Level of study:
- HDR - Higher Degree Research (including Masters by Research)
- Full-time on-campus
Selection for a postgraduate research scholarship is based on academic merit and research capability within the University’s research strengths. Up to ten (10) of the most highly ranked APA or ECUPRS recipients are offered an ECU Research Excellence Award.
Successful applicants typically have first class honours or have completed a Master degree by research with additional research output such as research publications and/or successful research grant applications and research experience.
Send application to:
Research Scholarships Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to:
Research Scholarships Officer
Edith Cowan University
270 Joondalup Drive
Western Australia 6027