Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (Postgraduate)
The objective of the Commonwealth Scholarships (CS) Program is to facilitate choice in higher education and to increase higher education participation for Indigenous students. The Indigenous-CAS are to assist Indigenous students with accommodation costs; funding is available for a maximum of eight scholarships periods.
Application opening date: 1 October 2013
Application closing date: 1 October 2014
Method of application: Application form will be available to download from this web page between application opening and closing dates
Amount: $4985 per year
Frequency: $2492.50 payment made after each semester census date
Method: Electronic funds transfer
- Indigenous - Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Relocated from a rural, regional or remote area
- Financial hardship or low socio-economic (usually demonstrated by being in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink allowance)
- Must meet all criteria as per the Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines for 2012
- Australian citizen
Level of study:
- Graduate diploma (or equivalent postgraduate course of study) in an area of national priority required for initial registration to practice in the chosen national priority
Area of national priority 2010
- Education/Teaching - Graduate Diploma of Education
Year of study:
- Full-time on-campus
- Part-time on-campus (in exceptional circumstances only)
Applicants will need to be able to provide evidence of having relocated for the purpose of study within the 4 years immediately preceding the commencement of their current course of study and that it was necessary for the student to move from their regional or remote area in order to undertake a higher education course of study, thus causing them to incur additional accommodations costs.
Application for this scholarship is made on the application form titled - 'Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships Application'. This application form allows students to complete one document which will be used by the ECU Scholarships Office to assess the applicant for all Commonwealth Indigenous scholarships currently available.
Selection will be based on demonstrated need and personal circumstances
Contact the Scholarships Office