ECU Equity Scholarship
The ECU Equity Scholarships are intended to assist future and current undergraduate students from designated equity groups, with the costs associated with University study.
Applications are sought from students from low socio-economic backgrounds, Indigenous Australians, people with a disability or ongoing illness, people with significant caring responsibilities and those from rural or regional area of Australia.
Application opening date: 22 January 2014
Application closing date: 6 March 2014
Method of application: Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates via this web page
Amount: Up to $3000 per year for the normal duration of course/for students enrolled in full time units 60 credit points (usually 4 units). Students enrolled in less than 60 credits points at census date will receive a pro rata payment with a minimum enrolment of 30 credit points allowed (see Information for Applicants and Recipients for clarification)
Frequency: Payment made each semester (after census date) for duration of course
Method: Electronic funds transfer
- Financial Hardship
- One or more equity groups - includes but not limited to:
- Indigenous Australian students
- Students from rural, regional or remote areas of Australia who have relocated for the purpose of study
- Students with a registered disability or ongoing medical condition/illness
- Students with carer responsibilities (in receipt of carers payment through Centrelink)
- Single parents
Please note that If you have previously received an ECU Equity Scholarship you are not eligible to apply.
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- Australian permanent resident visa
- New Zealand citizen
Level of study:
- Undergraduate bachelor courses
Year of study:
Applicants will need to provide evidence of meeting the eligibility criteria.
Selection will be based on demonstrated need and personal circumstances.
Contact the Scholarships Office