ECU Excellence Scholarships
ECU Excellence Scholarships are open to Western Australian year 12 school leavers displaying outstanding academic excellence and endeavour. Applications are encouraged from current year 12 students nominating ECU as their first preference of university through TISC, who can demonstrate academic excellence and endeavour, leadership and a commitment to ECU's core values of integrity, respect, rational inquiry and personal excellence.
Application opening date: 30 August 2013
Application closing date: 13 January 2014
Method of application: Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates via this web page
Amount: $4000 per year for full-time enrolment (60 credit points) (Pro rata for part time - minimum 30 credit points)
Frequency: $2000 (or pro rata) payment made following each semester census date, for duration of course *
Method: Electronic funds transfer
- Academic Merit
- Year 12 Western Australian School Leaver
- ECU as 1st preference on TISC application
- Academic Excellence and Endeavour
- Commitment to ECU's Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence
- 90 + ATAR or Beazley Medal Winner
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- Australian permanent resident visa
- New Zealand citizen
Level of study:
- Undergraduate bachelor degree courses
Year of study:
- 1st year (First semester)
- Full-time on or off campus
- Part-time on or off campus (minimum 30 credit points)
Applicants will be required to provide a statement demonstrating the following:
- Commitment to leadership
- Commitment to ECU's core values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence
Selection is based on ATAR and demonstrated commitment to ECU Core Values.
The commencement of the ECU Excellence Scholarships cannot be deferred. Offers are expected to be made in the January of each year and the student is expected to enroll and commence their study in the first semester of that same year of study.
*Duration of Course - ECU undergraduate courses are generally 3 or 4 years full time study (based on completing 60 credit points per semester) or the equivalent part time. The scholarships total value is calculated on the duration of the course enrolled in at the time the scholarship offer is made.
If a recipient changes units/course during the life of the scholarship, which then extends the completion/ duration of the course, the scholarship will not be extended.
For further information contact the Scholarships Office.