Indigenous Enabling Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship
The objective of the Commonwealth Scholarships (CS) Program is to facilitate choice in higher education and to increase higher education participation for Indigenous students. The Indigenous Enabling-CAS are aimed to assist Indigenous students with accommodation costs; funding is available for a maximum of two scholarship periods.
Application opening date: 1 November 2012
Application closing date: 31 December 2013
Method of application: Application form will be available to download from this web page between application opening and closing dates
Amount: $4939 per year
Frequency: $2469 payment made after each semester census date for a maximum of eight semesters (indexed annually)
Method: Electronic funds transfer
- Indigenous - Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Financial hardship or low socio-economic (usually demonstrated by being in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink allowance).
- Relocated from rural or regional Australia
- Must meet all eligibility criteria as per the Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines
- Australian citizen
Level of study:
- Enabling course
- C11 Indigenous University Orientation Course
- C12 University Preparation Course
- C20 The University Preparation Course (Teacher Assistant Program)
- Full-time on-campus
- Part-time on-campus (in exceptional circumstances only)
Applicants will need to be able to provide evidence of having relocated for the purpose of study within the 4 years immediately preceding the commencement of their current course of study and that it was necessary for the student to move from their regional or remote area in order to undertake a higher education course of study, thus causing them to incur additional accommodations costs.
Application for this scholarship is made on the application form titled - 'Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships Application’. This application form allows students to complete one document which will be used by the ECU Scholarships Office to assess the applicant for all commonwealth Indigenous scholarships currently available.
Selection will be based on demonstrated need and personal circumstances
Contact Scholarships Office