The Prime Minister's Australia Asia Endeavour Awards
The Prime Minister's Australia Asia Outgoing Postgraduate Award provides financial support for Australian students to undertake study or research in Asia towards their Australian postgraduate qualification, at Masters or PhD level either by coursework or research, in any field of study.
The Prime Minister's Australia Asia Outgoing Undergraduate Award provides financial support for Australian undergraduate students to undertake study or research in Asia towards their Australian undergraduate qualification, at Bachelor or Honours level either by coursework or research, in any field of study.
Award Holders will have the opportunity to enrich their academic experience through exposure to unique education systems, teaching expertise and comparative perspectives while studying in distinctive locations or undertaking collaborative research at leading universities in Asia.
There are two stages to the Prime Minister's Australia Asia Outgoing Postgraduate Award. Stage one of the Award is the full-time study or research component for up to 12 months (one semester or 6 months minimum). Stage two of the Award is an internship component. Postgraduate Award holders will also have the opportunity to undertake an optional internship for up to 12 months (minimum of 2 months) during or at the completion of their study program. See section 2.12 of the Applicant Guidelines for further information.
Application opening date: 1 April 2013
Application closing date: 30 June 2013
Method of application: Visit Australia Awards Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships for application guidelines, FAQ's and application form
Amount: Up to AUD$53,500 for undergraduate/honours students and up to AUD$63,500 for postgraduate students.
Award is to contribute towards travel and establishment allowances, tuition and internship contributions and travel insurance.
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident
Level of study:
- Undergraduate bachelor courses
- Undergraduate bachelor course honours
- Postgraduate coursework
- Higher degree research
- To confirm the Selected Destinations, please visit Australia Awards - Participating countries by geographic region
- Up to 12 months study or research (6 months minimum) and up to an additional 12 months (2 months minimum) for the internship or work placement
- Applications must be submitted using the Endeavour Online Application system
- Applications submitted for the PM's Australia Asia Outgoing Awards are sent to the University Contact Officers for short listing - June 2013
- Nominations from Universities for the PM's Australia Asia Outgoing Awards due - July 2013
- Applications allocated to Selection Panels for assessment - August/September 2013
ECU Students considering applying for an Outgoing Prime Minister's Australia Asia Award are strongly encouraged to consult with Dawn Owen (Senior Scholarships Officer) who is the ECU Contact Officer for this scholarship and can offer you information and support before starting your application.
For more information about the destinations and studying abroad you are strongly encouraged to contact the ECU Study Abroad/Exchange Officer.
DIICCSRTE (Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education)
If you require more information regarding the Endeavour Awards, please visit the Endeavour Awards website or contact the Endeavour Awards Management Team.
Frequently asked questions: Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships - FAQs.