Mr Kevin Vander Plank
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5595|
- Finance I
Kevin has been a lecturer in the School of Accounting Finance and Economics since 1992. Since joining the Faculty, he has taught a majority of Finance units, focusing on Capital Markets, Financial Modeling, and more recently Finance I.
Kevin takes a practical approach to teaching units, demonstrating how students can apply their knowledge to meaningful situations. This approach stems from Kevin’s previous career prior to becoming an academic, where he was Vice President and Treasurer for the Bank of America in Canada.
Team leader Numeracy Working Group Curriculum 2012 and Beyond.
- MBus (Finance), ECU
- BBusSc (Hons) Actuarial, University of Cape Town
- GradDipBus, Curtin University
- Fellow Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA)
Awards and recognition
- 2012 - Faculty of Business and Law, Dean's Award for Engagement.
- 2012 - Teaching and Learning grant, Support for first year business students: Integration of contextualised language and academic skills within core units. (Joint application, Chief Investigator - A.Harris).
- 2011 - Award for Engagement, School of Accounting Finance and Economics.
- Financial Markets
Current research area
- Numeracy at University