Believing dance itself to be a form of embodied knowledge, the Dance Research Centre (DRC) takes creative arts practice through choreography, pedagogy and performance as its particular focus of investigation, and aims to give voice to an endeavour traditionally associated with ‘the non-verbal
Research projects and expertise include:
- Practice-based and applied investigations in choreography, pedagogy and performance.
- Leading a Carrick Institute collaborative study into assessment of higher degrees in dance.
- Participating in a Flinders University-based national documentation project of performance, Austage.
- Experimentation in the multiple strands of Asian dance and its relevance to choreographic dialogues of the future.
- Safe and effective dance practices for performance enhancement and injury prevention.