Sarron is Senior Lecturer in Social Science and the
Coordinator of the Counselling and Psychotherapy programs within the School of Arts and Humanities.
- COU0101/1101/5111 Dynamic models of counselling
- COU3105/01008/5108 Psychodynamic concepts in practice
- COU5110 – Advanced counselling skills
- COU5321 – Clinical practice 1 (unit coordinator)
- Coordination of the undergraduate and postgraduate Counselling and Psychotherapy programs on and offshore.
- A practising clinical psychologist in the field for over two decades.
- Special interest in psychoanalysis.
- Principally a clinician, he has also long been involved in the training of mental health professionals (psychologists, psychiatrists, psychotherapists, social workers etc.).
- Previously he worked as an academic in the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences at the University of Western Australia (Perth); the Psychology Department Midrand University and the University of the Witwatersrand (Johannesburg).
- Specialist Clinical Psychologist registered with the Australia Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fully registered member of the Australian Psychological Society (A.P.S.)
- Fully registered member of the Clinical College of the Australian Psychological Society (A.P.S.)
- Fully registered member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA)
- Full clinical member of the Association for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapists of Western Australia (APPWA)
- Registered member of Psychoanalytic Studies Association of Australasia (PSAA)
- Full professional member – The Balint Society of Australia
- Registered professional member of the Western Australian Interest Group of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (IGPOP)
- Full clinical member Psychotherapy and Counselling Association of Western Australia (PACAWA)
- Full member – The International Balint Society
- Full clinical member – The International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy
Research Areas and Interests
- Psychoanalysis/psychodynamic forms of clinical practice broadly
- Psychology of the internet
- The relationship between culture and the intrapsychic
- Psycho-legal disputes concerning “the best interests of the minor child”
- The psychological consequences of third party care
- Men and masculinity
- Online teaching and learning