Work experience opportunities
Thursday, 24 March 2011
Lead On Metro WA Inc (LOM) is an organisation that connects youth to businesses and their community through real life projects from Street Festivals, skate and dirt-bike events , fashion design and parades, photographic shoots, films and documentaries, producing books, large community gardens and art exhibitions and so the list goes on.
Lead On Metro (LOM) gives you the opportunity to get real life experience in many exciting fields such as and not limited to, Journalism, Law, Finance, IT- systems and Websites, Project Management, Marketing, all areas of design, The Arts and photography, Film and Media and the Sciences.
Each project is put before a Youth Advisory Board (YAB) by the LOM Manager to ensure its relevance. The Board then decides on the projects that empower the youth to develop and increase their knowledge of commercial enterprise and community activity. The projects unite the leaders of today with the “leaders of the future” and form stronger partnerships and networks within business and the community. Generally, most Lead On participants are between the ages of 16-25 years of age with a gender balance of 50/50. Lead On welcomes and encourages young people from all cultural, socio-economic and geographical backgrounds to participate. For social and economic fulfilment, a ‘community’ needs the involvement of people of all ages, in particular the youth, who are future of our communities.
Lead On Metro facilitates that cycle.
Project category 1
a. Bendigo Bank Shareholders newsletter
b. Bendigo Bank community coffee table book
c. Bayswater community newspaper
Length of placement
1 April – 30 June 2011
To learn, create, engage and participate in ‘real life’ experience in the corporate and community development sector.
- To participate, assist and work closely with our Youth Advisory Board (YAB) team leader on the above projects.
- To participate in meetings on a corporate and community level to discuss project briefs. Creating procedure documents.
- To participate in marketing strategies, creative ideas, layouts, and promotions, in accordance with briefs, namely to focus on reader engagement.
- To take responsibility of roles assigned to participants by YAB team leader, roles appropriate to area of interest and expertise and to make it your own.
- To conduct interviews (option-filming interviews) and photographs while liaising with the community and community vendors.
- Participate in being part of a team that creates forward thinking unique and informed, ongoing and engaging products.
- Reporting to YAB team leader on a regular basis either via email or scheduled meetings – ‘pod meets’ and fun team meetings to share the experiences and processes, bringing them all together with the focus on meeting the project deadline and desired outcome.
Angelique Tel: (08) 9272 3070 or mobile: 0400 778 956 or email: email@example.com