Professor Ian Malcolm
- Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Western Australia, 1981 .
- Licentiate in Speech and Drama, Other WA higher ed institution, 1961 .
- Bachelor of Arts Honours (First Class Honours), The University of Western Australia, 1961 .
- Diploma in Education, The University of Western Australia, 1961 .
- Associateship of Speech and Drama, Other WA higher ed institution, 1959 .
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Malcolm, I., (2012), Local and global perspectives on English for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Speakers. Future Directions in Applied Linguistics: Local and Global Perspectives, 430-446, Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K..
- Malcolm, I., Truscott, A., (2012), English without shame: Two-way Aboriginal Classrooms in Australia. Harnessing Linguistic Variation to Improve Education, 227-258, Bern, Switzerland.
- Truscott, A., Malcolm, I., (2010), Closing the policy-practice gap: making indigenous language policy more than empty rhetoric. Re-Awakening Languages: Theory and Practice in the Revitalisation of Australia's Indigenous Languages, 6-21, Sydney.
- Malcolm, I., (2012), ????????????? ?????????????? ? ?????? ????????? ??????????. Personality, Culture, Society, 14(4), 165-179, Russian Federation.
- Malcolm, I., (2011), Issues in English language assessment of Indigenous Australians. Language Assessment Quarterly, 8(2), 190-199, London, DOI: 10.1080/15434303.2010.536869.
- Malcolm, I., (2011), Learning through standard English: Cognitive implications for post-pidgin/-creole speakers. Linguistics and Education, 22(3), 261-272, Amsterdam, DOI: 10.1016/j.linged.2011.02.006.
- Malcolm, I., (2010), Children's language and multilingualism: indigenous language use at home and school, edited by Jane Simpson and Gillian Wigglesworth (review). Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, 31(2), 218-220, Abingdon, Oxon, UK, DOI: 10.1080/01434630903498036.
Research Student Supervision
- Ethnographic Description Of English Corners In Shanghai.
- An Investigation Of Schemas And Word Association In Speakers Of Aboriginal English.
- Film Dialogue Translation And The Intonation Unit: Towards Equivalent Effect In English And Chinese.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Searching For The Semantic Boundaries Of The Japanese Colour Term 'ao'..
- Pedagogic Approaches And Cultural Scripts: The Use Of Talk During Shared Literacy Lessons In Three Primary Two Classrooms In Singapore.
- Chinese And Australian Conversational Styles: A Comparative Sociolinguistic Study Of Overlap And Listener Response.
- Doctor of Philosophy, An Enthnography Of Writing: The Writing Practices Of Female Australian Indigenous Adolescents At School..
- English As An International Language: A Sociolinguistic Analysis Of The Japanese Experience.
- Politeness And Paradigms Of Family: A Perspective On The Development Of Communicative Competence In The Japanese Esl Speaker.
- A Study Of Subject Omission In The Spoken Language Of Indonesian Primary Schoolchildren.