Professor Clive Barstow
Head of School
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6239, Mobile: 0488 914 129, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML3.285
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6239|
|Mobile:||0488 914 129|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 9370 6667|
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2011 - Certificate of Excellence in Creative Arts Research ECU
- 2005 - Distinguished Teaching Award The Australian Council of University Art & Design Schools (ACUADS)
- 2001 - ECU Vice-Chancellors Excellence in Teaching Award
- Member Australian Council of Dean & Directors of Creative Arts (DDCA)
- Member Australian Council of University Art and Design Schools (ACUADS)
- Member advisory board Agideas Design Foundation Victoria
- Higher Education Advisory Committee WA (HEAC)
- ECU executive Australian Research Council (ARC) Centre for Creative Industries & Innovation
- Executive member Printmakers Council of Australia
- Honorary Professor University of Shanghai Science & Technology Shanghai China
- Global Faculty member of Fairleigh Dickinson University New Jersey USA
- Director of Open Bite Australia Print Workshop
- Master of Arts, England, 1980 .
- Bachelor of Fine Arts with Honours, England, 1978 .
Recent Research Grants
- In Conversation: Investigating the creative benefits and challenges of collaboration across disciplines and art-forms, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher Grant - 2014, 2014, $22,843.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Zhang, Y., Barstow, C., (2011), Encountering the Third Space: a study of identity and hybridity through trans-cultural artistic practice in Australia and China. Proceedings of the Global Conference on Diasporas: Exploring Critical Issues, 1-8, Mansfield College Oxford University UK.
- Barstow, C., (2013), A Chinese Whisper. Becoming, University of Shanghai Science and Technology.
- Barstow, C., (2013), StellrScope: A Techno-Tapestry of Art and Science. StellrScope - Exhibition Catalogue, Australia.
- Barstow, C., Gates-Stuart, E., (2013), STELLRSCOPE the Centenary of Canberra's Science Art Exhibition. Imprint, Australia.
- Barstow, C., (2013), Becoming - process in creative work in relation to the lived environment. Becoming exhibition, Art Gallery of University of Shanghai for Science and Technology.
- Barstow, C., (2011), food is our god. Thinking Print, Moore's Building Contemporary Art Gallery, Fremantle, Perth.
- Barstow, C., (2011), MXCVII. Global Echo, Williamson Art Gallery, Birkenhead, UK.
- Barstow, C., (2011), Cultural Pruning. Cultural Pruning: 2011 Sino-Australia Invited Contemporary Print Exhibition catalogue, Shanghai, China.
- Barstow, C., (2011), God Save the Queen; Liquid Lunch; Food is our God : Four digital/screen prints. Cultural Pruning 2011 Sino-Australia Invited Contemporary Print Exhibition, Meou Art Gallery Shanghai China.
- Barstow, C., Jiang, J., (2013), Becoming. Becoming, University of Shangai Science and Technology.
- Barstow, C., (2011), Posted. Posted: Donna Franklin, Nathan Peake, Sally Stewart & Tahly Stotzer , Spectrum Project Space.