Dr Barnard Clarkson
Honorary Senior Research Fellow
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6241, Mobile: 0402277323, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML17.236
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6241|
- Grad Dip in Computing, Curtin University of Technology .
- PhD, Edith Cowan University .
- Bachelor of Engineering, The University of Western Australia .
- Bachelor of Education Honours, The University of Western Australia, 1981 .
Recent Research Grants
- Using community engagement and enhanced visual information to promote FireWatch satellite communication as a support for collaborative decision-making, Australian Research Council, Grant - Linkage (Projects), 2012 - 2014, $487,368.
- 100 Schools Project, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2003 - 2009, $502,727.
- Balga Senior High School ICT Evaluation 2006, Balga Senior High School, Grant, 2006 - 2007, .
- Promoting metacognitive processing through negotiated assessment, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2005 - 2007, $14,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Newhouse, P., Clarkson, B., (2008), Creating contexts for learning with ICT in schools. Rethinking Education with ICT: New Directions for Effective Practice., 57-78, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Newhouse, P., Clarkson, B., (2008), Using learning environment attributes to evaluate the impact of ICT on learning in schools. Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning, 3(2), 139-158, London.
- Haimes, P., Brady, D., Clarkson, B., Medley, S., (2013), Engaging with communities as a design process: redesigning the new FireWatch. Proceedings of the Australian & New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference, Brisbane 2013, DOI: http://anzdmc.com.au/proceedings/PRBOP.pdf.
- Clarkson, B., (2012), Applying what we know now about leadership to ICT-rich schools. Australian Computers in Education Conference 2012: Refereed Conference Proceedings, 8, Perth, Australia.
- Masek, M., Jung, J., Clarkson, B., (2011), Managing Multidisciplinary Student Design Teams. Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2011, 2011(27 June-1 July), 465-470, Chesapeake, VA.
- Jung, J., Clarkson, B., Masek, M., (2011), Thinking outside the ?I am the user? box: a trial of social-emotional design in HCI education. Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2011 , 2011(June 27-1 July 2011), 412-418, Chesapeake, VA.
- Clarkson, B., Jung, J., Masek, M., (2011), Shared Assessment: a Strategy for Managing Multidisciplinary Projects. Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2011 , 2011(June 27-1 July 2011), 2925-2930, Chesapeake, VA.