Dr George Karpathakis
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6321, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML6.111
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6321|
- Bachelor of Arts, Western Australian Institute of Technology .
- Post Grad Diploma, Edith Cowan University .
- Doctor of Philosophy, Edith Cowan University .
- Bachelor of Arts, Australian Film, Television and Radio School, 1985 .
- Diploma of Teaching, Western Australian Secondary Teachers College, 1974 .
Recent Research Grants
- Miners and Dealers: An Ethnographic Study of An International Trade, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher Grant - 2013, 2013, $14,779.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Karpathakis, G., (2009), Creative practice as a research tool: benefits and pitfalls. The Australian Screen Production Education and Research Association (ASPERA) 2009 Conference Papers, 2009(8-10 July ), 8p., Online.
- Karpathakis, G., (2013), Fostering Together: Biological children of foster carers speak out., Boutique Screenings by Wanslea.
- Karpathakis, G., (2013), Contenders., Cultural Centre Screen James Street Amphitheatre Perth Cultural Centre .
- Karpathakis, G., (2012), Kangaroo couple in the bush. Textiles: The art of mankind by Mary Schoeser, Textiles: The art of mankind.
- Karpathakis, G., (2009), Hard Drive Madononna, Eye God, Empire State Building, Aerial Sunset, Walk in time xanthorrhoea. My Other Self, Spectrum Project Space.
- Karpathakis, G., (2009), Nalda Searles: A Stitching of Words: Interpretations of making and making do. Drifting in my own land: Nalda Searles, John Curtin Gallery followed by others.
- Karpathakis, G., Cullen, T., Waters, B., Businovski, L., (2009), My other self (Co-curator). My other self , Spectrum Project Space.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, Film As Fairy Tale..
- Doctor of Philosophy, On Fate And Fatalism: Photography And Fatal Theories.
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Rise Of Regionalisation In The Asian Television Industry: A Case Study Of Trendy Drama 2000-2012.