Dr Danielle Brady
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6741, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML3.230
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6741|
- MA (Master of Arts), Deakin University, 2000 .
- PhD, The University of Queensland, 1992 .
- BScHons (Bachelor of Science Honours), Murdoch University, 1986 .
Recent Research Grants
- Using community engagement and enhanced visual information to promote FireWatch satellite communication as a support for collaborative decision-making, Australian Research Council, Grant - Linkage (Projects), 2012 - 2014, $487,368.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Green, L., Brady, D., (2013), Young people online. A companion to new media dynamics, 461-471, West Sussex, UK.
- Green, L., Brady, D., (2013), Do Australian children trust their parents more than peers when seeking support for online activities?. Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies, NA(NA), NA, London, UK, DOI: 10.1080/10304312.2013.854866.
- Holloway, D., Green, L., Brady, D., (2013), FireWatch: Creative Responses to Bushfire Catastrophes. M/C Journal, 16(1), NA, Brisbane, DOI: http://journal.media-culture.org.au/index.php/mcjournal/article/viewArticle/599.
- Brady, D., Webb, N., (2013), Communicating bushfire safety in Australia: the challenge for government of increasing community participation. Asia Pacific Media Educator, 23(2), 355-369, DOI: 10.1177/1326365X13517191.
- Vidyarini, TN., Brady, D., (2012), Cultural Diplomacy as Public Relations in an Indonesian Consulate in Australia. Asia Pacific Public Relations Journal, 13(2), 27-34, Melbourne.
- Green, L., Brady, D., Olafsson, K., Hartley, J., Lumby, C., (2011), Risks and safety for Australian children on the internet: Full findings from the AU Kids Online survey of 9-16 year olds and their parents. Cultural Science , 4(1), 1-73, http://cultural-science.org/journal/index.php/culturalscience/article/view/49/129.
- Robson, J., Brady, D., Hopkins, L., (2010), From practice to the page: Multi-disciplinary understandings of the written component of practice-led studies. Australasian Drama Studies, 57(October), 188-199, Australia.
- Brady, D., Webb, N., (2013), Communicating bushfire safety: the challenge of community participation for government. ANZCA Conference Proceedings , 13p., Fremantle.
- Holloway, D., Green, L., Brady, D., (2013), 0-8: Young children's Internet use. Refereed Proceedings of the 2013 Australian and New Zealand Communication Association Conference:, 1-11, http://www.anzca.net/conferences/past-conferences/161.html.
- Haimes, P., Brady, D., Clarkson, B., Medley, S., (2013), Engaging with communities as a design process: redesigning the new FireWatch. Earth: Fire & Rain - Proceedings of the Australian & New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference 2013, 107-124, Nerang, QLD.
- Brady, D., Holloway, D., Green, L., (2012), Firewatch: Use of satellite imagery by remote communities in northern Australia for fire risk communications. Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Cultural Attitudes towards Technology and Communication (CATaC) 2012, 372-382, Perth, Australia.
- Green, L., Hartley, J., Lumby, C., Brady, D., (2011), Australian children's experiences of parents' online mediation., 259-276, http://www.networkinsight.org/verve/_resources/RecordCPRF2011.pdf.
- Brady, D., Ferguson, N., (2012), Embody - Editorial. M/C A Journal of Media and Culture, Brisbane.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, Brand And Public Relations In Taiwanese Not-for Profit- Sector: A Case Study Of The Eden Social Welfare Foundation..
- Master of Arts, A Comparative Study Of Indigenous People's And Early European Settlers' Usage Of Three Perth Wetlands, Western Australia 1829 -1939.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Drawn From Artists' Lives: An Empirical Study Of The Situation And Realisation Of Professional Visual Art Practices In The Western Australian Field Of Cultural Production..