Dr Ffion Murphy
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6822, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML17.211
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6822|
- Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Queensland, 2004 .
- Master of Arts, The University of Sydney, 1986 .
- Grad Dip of Business, Edith Cowan University, 1981 .
- Bachelor of Arts, The University of Western Australia, 1981 .
Recent Research Grants
- 'Deep Within My Soul': Recovering Memory in Bilingual Early Alzheimer's Patients, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2008 - 2011, $84,302.
- Kira and James: A Biographical Investigation of Two Significant Cultural Figures, Using Historical and Practice-Led Forms of Research, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2008 - 2010, $24,006.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Murphy, F., (2008), Stingo's choice: Reflections on judgement, selection and rejection. Poems in Perspex: Max Harris Poetry Award 2007, 72-97, Adelaide.
- Murphy, F., Nile, R., (2012), Writing, Remembering and Embodiment: Australian Literary Responses to the First World War. M/C Journal, 15(4), N/A, Queensland, Australia .
- Murphy, F., Neilsen, P., (2008), Recuperating Writers - and Writing: The Potential of Writing therapy. Text: the journal of the Australian Association of Writing Programs, 12(1), 40 pages, Queensland.
- Neilsen, PM., Murphy, F., (2008), The potential role of life-writing therapy in facilitating 'recovery' for those with mental illness. M/C Journal, 11(6), 8 pages.
- Murphy, F., (2011), Writing therapy in the academy: Risks and challenges. The Ethical Imaginations: Writing Worlds Papers - the refereed proceedings of the 16th conference of the Australasian Association of Writing Programs, 2011, 23-25, http://aawp.org.au/ethical-imaginations-writing-worlds-papers-refereed-proceedings-16th-conference-australasian-associa.
- Murphy, F., (2010), Campus criticism and creative writing: Perfect partners?. Strange Bedfellows or Perfect Partners Papers: the refereed proceedings of the 15th conference of the Australasian Association of Writing Programs, 2010, 9p., Guyra, New South Wales.
- Murphy, F., (2009), Shots in the dark: writing, revelation and responsibility. The creativity and uncertainty papers: The refereed proceedings of the 13th Conference of the Australian Association of Writing Programs, 2008, 13p., Online.
- Murphy, F., (2009), On journeys and collaborations. The Margins and Mainstreams Papers: the refereed proceedings of the 14th conference of the Australian Association of Writing Programs, 8p., http://aawp.org.au/margins-and-mainstreams-papers.
Research Student Supervision
- Master of Arts, A Struggle For Recognition: The War Widows' Guild In Western Australia 1946- 1975 And Exegesis: Researching And Writing An Organisational History.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Lilac Tractors A Novel And Critical Essay Intersections Among Psychiatry, Madness, Sexuality And Feminism In 'lilac Tractors'..
- Master of Arts, Boomtown Wives: A Novel..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Framing Anorexia: A Play Script And Multidimensional Investigation Of Anorexia..
- Master of Arts, Spectrum: Encounters With India..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Philosophy For Teenagers: Finding New Relevance In Old Concepts..
- Museum Of The Self And Rewriting The Masculine: Exile, Return, Self-knowledge.
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Headless Angel Of Chance..
- Master of Arts, 'cooper Street'(original Screenplay) And "into The Foreground - An Examination Of Setting Within The Screenplay".
- Doctor of Philosophy, Minnesota Boy: A Journey Through Time And Place..
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Double Sunrise. A Novel And Exegesis, Australian National Identity And 'the Double Sunrise'..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Saphira, The Snake Princess: A Novel And Minoan Is Not Greek: An Essay.
- Doctor of Philosophy, "the Beach House"..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Who Is It That Writes? Poetry And The Plural Self.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Curse Of The Time Witch And The Time-slip Novel.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Aurora..
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Murder Of Mike Macdougall, A Social Realist Novel, And The Australian Paradox: An Essay On The Australian Migrant Experience After World War Ii..