Mr David Cook
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5104|
|Mobile:||0448 701 705|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 2599|
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Systems Resilience
- Physical Security
- Aviation Security
David has extensive business and academic experience within South-east Asia, especially in Indonesia. He previously held the position of Manager in the secau Security Research Centre and has held a number of directorships and board appointments. David has won numerous academic awards including:
- Dean’s Award for Excellence
- The WA Police Award for the Best Counter Terrorism paper, 2010 SECAU Security Congress
- Australian Computer Society “Education Across the Nation” Guest Keynote Lecturer for 2010
- ACS – MACS
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2009 - Dean’s Award for Excellence
- 2010 - The WA Police Award for the Best Counter Terrorism paper, 2010 secau Security Congress
- 2010 - Australian Computer Society “Education Across the Nation” Guest Keynote Lecturer
Research Areas and Interests
- Counter Terrorism
- Anti Terrorism
- Money Laundering
- Information Security
- Radicalisation and Governance in Indonesia
- Bachelor of Asian Studies, Murdoch University .
- Bachelor of Arts, Murdoch University .
- Post Grad Dip of Business, Murdoch University .
- Post Graduate Certificate, Murdoch University .
- M (Master Degree), Murdoch University, 2010 .
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Cook, D., (2011), E-governance of the Forest: Management by Multivalence. Common Property Resource Management: A Focus on Forestry, 177 - 203, New Delhi, India.
- Cook, D., Smith, T., (2011), The Battle for Money Transfers: The allure of PayPal and Western Union over Familial remittance networks. The Journal of Information Warfare, 10(1), 18 - 35, Edith Cowan University, Western Australia.
- Letch, J., McGlinn, E., Bell, J., Downing, E., Cook, D., (2011), An Exploration of 1st and 2nd Generation CPTED for End of Year School Leavers at Rottnest Island. Proceedings of The 4th Australian Security and Intelligence Conference, 38 - 48, Perth, Western Australia .
- Cook, D., Smith, T., (2011), Finance, Fear and Family: Issues of Trust and the Common Ground with Terrorist Funding. Proceedings of The 2nd Australian Counter Terrorism Conference, 1 - 11, Perth, Western Australia.
- Cook, D., Szewczyk, P., Sansurooah, K., (2011), Seniors Language Paradigms: 21st Century Jargon and the Impact on Computer Security and Financial Transactions for Senior Citizens. Proceedings of the 9th Australian Information Security Management Conference, 63-68, Perth, Western Australia .
- Cook, D., Szewczyk, P., Sansurooah, K., (2011), Securing the Elderly: A Developmental Approach to Hypermedia-Based Online Information Security for Senior Novice Computer Users. Proceedings of the 2nd International Cyber Resilience Conference, 20 - 28, Perth, Western Australia.
- Cook, D., (2010), The use of governance to identify cyber threats through social media. Proceedings of the 2010 International Cyber Resilience Conference ICR 2010, 31-40, Edith Cowan University Perth Western Australia.
- Cook, D., (2010), Mitigating cyber-threats through public private partnerships: low cost governance with high impact returns. Proceedings of the 2010 International Cyber Resilience Conference ICR 2010, 22-30, Edith Cowan University Perth Western Australia.
- Cook, D., Smith, T., (2010), The Malarkey of Money Transfers: Overlooking e-Bay whilst the Hawaladars are Hunted. Proceedings of the 1st Australian Counter Terrorism Conference, 15 - 23, Perth Western Australia.